Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Libido

December 20, 2010

Today my husband and I made love for the first time since we "found out."  I thought it might be weird or something, but it was the same as before.  I actually think one of my major symptoms of pregnancy has to be my huge libido.  We've never had a problem in that area, but for the last two weeks I've been especially, well, you know.  (I wish there were a less crass word for this than horny, but there just isn't so there you have it). 

Afterwards, Ryan leaned over with his head resting in his hand and said "My boys must be pretty confused about now.  They're probably saying 'Fall back!  Fall back!  This area is already occupied!'"  Oh Ryan and his military references! :)

Speaking of pregnancy symptoms, what they say is true... symptoms of pregnancy are exactly like symptoms of PMS at first.  I've been so emotional (crying over Canadian Tire commercials, for pete sake), my skin broke out into a vivid patch of acne along my chin and jawline, I have cramps and just generally feel tired.  And the libido thing I mentioned earlier.  I haven't become acquainted with sore boobs or morning sickness yet, and on the bright side, I may not.  Everyone is a little different.  I don't want to read about symptoms and will them into existence.  I just want to organically experience what this journey has to offer.

Tonight my husband and I watched "House", one of our all-time favourite shows, and it was such a funny episode we were both belly laughing to the point of silence.  I wondered at what developmental stage the baby would be able to hear laughter, so I looked it up.  It's around 26 weeks.  We plan on doing a lot of laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment